Friday 16 March 2012

Sharman Joshi 17-March

I come from a family of Gujrati Theatre and Film personalities and started my career on stage

[caption id="" align="alignright" width="216" caption="Sharman Joshi"]Sharman Joshi[/caption]

and have done many professional plays. I was fortunate in the early years to have a guide, mentor, teacher and above all my guru in Mahendra Joshi who shared with me the intricacies, fundamental principles and disciplines of my craft.

My debut in films was with Vinay Shukla’s “Godmother” that released in 1999. I had been recommended by theatre stalwart Satyadev Dubey to Vinay Shukla who was looking for a young actor to play Shabana Azmi’s son Karsan.

This was followed by movies like Style, Kaha Ho Tum, Xcuse Me , Shaadi no 1, Rang De Basanti, Golmaal, Metro, Raqeeb, Dhol, , Hello, Sorry Bhai, 3 Idiots, Toh Baat Pakki and Allah Ke Bandey.

I have enjoyed being a part of all my movies and regret none. I have given a part of myself in them and I have learnt so much from each one of them.

I have also been a part of some advertising campaigns like 7 Up, Kara Skin Wipes, Airtel, Nokia, and Perk and have even hosted a TV show as well called Poker Face. Each one of my experiences and all the wonderful people that I have met I cherish.

My forthcoming movie “Ferrari Ki Sawaari” is slated for release in the summers this year and it’s been a dream working with this unit and it’s a special movie for each one of us.

As a person I love to travel, watch movies, read and play sports.
- Sharman Joshi (http://sharmanjoshi.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment